Making an Omelet
Making an Omelet with Freeze-Dried Food
Making an omelet with eggs, cheese, bell peppers, onions, salt, and pepper. You can use many different ingredients to make an omelet. Some ingredients I have used are cheeses, mushrooms, diced ham, diced beef, rice, spices, spinach, broccoli, and kale. Find your favorite flavors and try them out.
Printable Recipe Below
My mom asks me every week to make one for her. Omelets come with many different names. There is a Denver, Spanish, 3-Cheese, Chili, Jalapeno, Ham and Cheese and many many more. You can add almost anything to an omelet and it will taste good.
In this recipe, I used Thrive Life freeze-dried foods. I used freeze-dried eggs and onion flakes. I am using freeze-dried foods as a backup food source. If I run out of eggs I have a large can of eggs I can use. How do they taste? Just like a fresh egg. You can’t tell the difference between a fresh egg and a freeze-dried one. Thrive Life freeze-dried food will last 25 years unopened and 6months to 1 Year opened and not refrigerated.
These are great for taking hiking, camping, backpacking, any outdoor activity you need to have a meal. Store it in a mylar bag. Makes it lightweight to carry. Add water and cook. It is always a good idea to test the recipes before taking them out on your adventure.
A lot of homesteaders and peppers store these foods for years in their pantries.
If you would like to see more videos click on YouTube
Making an Omelet
- Skillet cover
- 4 TBS Egg powder (Freeze-Dried)
- 4 TBS Water
- 2 TBS Milk
- 1 TBS Onion flakes (Freeze-Dried)
- 2 TBS Red Bell Pepper Diced
- 2 TBS Cheese (Your choice)
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1 TBS Butter or Oil
- Using a 6-8" Skillet
- Add butter or oil to skillet low heat
- In a bowl mix egg powder, water, and milk until fully mixed
- Add Red Bell Pepper diced and mix
- Pour into heated skillet and place the cover on top
- When a small puddle of liquid is in the center, flip the egg pancake over
- Add cheese to one side of the omelet and cover the skillet.
- When cheese is melted flip half of the omelet over onto itself. (Half of the circle)
- Place on a plate and add your toppings.
- I top mine with sour cream and salsa